Come on now Sweet B can't you be happy with the fairy?... this little thing seemed to take me forever! I'm way too much of a perfectionist but I think the fairy came out well... what do you think?
I've also added leaves to the tree...
And added a nest with some eggs...
Also a little bit more grass... which I'm still working on... and tulips...
This last picture is the one thing I'm painting over... I love the word IMAGINE but the butterfly... it's going away...
Well I'm gonna keep working on it... slowly but surely. I'm sure when it gets warm I'm gonna be outside enjoying the REAL green grass and plants! ::grins:: So hopefully I'll get it done within this month. Unless something strikes me as "needing to be there" like that little fairy by the window. She came out of nowhere... I was talking to my husband and I looked behind him and the thought struck me... so I grabbed a pencil and starting sketching her on the wall.. Scott said "Just don't let the kids see you..." Well she sat there unpainted for only 3 days before I had to paint her in.






Wow... you've done so much. It looks great!! I love the little fairy. Why did you decide you don't like the butterfly? It's cute too...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're utilizing your talents...that wasn't supposed to sound cliche...but it did. I think you're a great artist.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much bri! ::blushing::
ReplyDeleteLiza I wanted a more realistic butterfly and that one was too large...
Love it! How fun! I love Fairies---always have---I love the whimsy and imagination they evoke! Keep us posted. Laughing that Scott said don't let the kids see you!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that he didn't want the kids to see you, but it does make sense... It's hard to explain to a 4-year-old why Mommy can color on the wall but he can't.
ReplyDeleteI see now what you mean about the butterfly... it's very cute, but knowing the dimensions of the mural, i'm thinking it's at least 4x to big to be "real".